In big metropolitan areas, wrongful deaths happen all too often. This is especially true in Mission Valley, which is located in the central part of San Diego, California. Some of the most common causes include:
- Slips and falls
- Work-related accidents (e.g. construction jobs)
- Poisoning or defective products
- Auto, motor, truck or bicycle accidents
- Murder and other intentional acts
Wrongful deaths happen as a result of careless or reckless acts. This can be a very traumatic experience to the loved ones of the victims. Knowing that the death could have been avoided makes the pain even more difficult to bear.
Though some may view a wrongful death lawsuit as unnecessary – it cannot bring back your loved one – it is a viable option for anyone who wants to seek justice and compensation for such a tragic event. Our Mission Valley wrongful death lawyers are committed to work diligently to ensure your rights are protected and that the erring party is made to answer for their mistakes.
Mission Valley Wrongful Death Lawsuits: What You Need to Know
Here is a brief rundown of what you need to know in case you are considering filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
- California has a straightforward law concerning wrongful deaths. If a loved one was a victim of wrongful death, your family can file a lawsuit seeking compensation.
- The state law also allows your family to ask for damages. This especially holds true when the family members are emotionally and financially dependent on the deceased. In this case, the injury suffered by the victim is considered as an injury inflicted to the victim’s family members.
- When it comes to computing damages, lifelong earnings of the victim and other factors are taken into account. In this specific process, the expertise of a certified economist would come in handy.
- You can also seek to recover damages for loss of “care, comfort and society” to compensate for the absence of the deceased.
What We Can Offer You in a Mission Valley Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful deaths are without a doubt, tragic. This kind of death entails a lot of damages — from the expensive medical bills, funeral services fees, emotional pain and suffering, to loss of financial support. The legal drama that could arise from this situation can be enervating, but with the help of skilled lawyers, the process can be much easier.
Our team of accomplished Mission Valley wrongful death lawyers is dedicated to helping our clients. If you have any queries about this type of lawsuit, don’t hesitate to give us a call and we will gladly assist you the best way we can.
We offer free consultations on all of our cases, that means that you do not pay a dime until we collect money on the case. We try to treat every single mission valley client like they are family. We do this because we know that people in our little community enjoy the small city, tight knit feel. We really hope you chose us to handle your case and we know we will do a great job on it if given the opportunity.